Amsterdam in JAPAN? (Huis Ten Bosch)

14 January 2016 Huis Ten Bosch, Huis Ten Bosch Machi, Sasebo, Nagasaki Prefecture 859-3243, Japan

amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch

If you've seen my first Japan Vlog, you'd know that on the 2nd day, I went to this place called Huis Ten Bosch, a little Amsterdam town in Japan.
And as if I don't talk non-stop about my travels in Europe, Amsterdam was one of my favourite cities amongst all those that i've visited. I'd go back to Amsterdam in a heartbeat, and visiting Huis Ten Bosch was such a cool experience.

The Dutch use to work in japan and traded with the Japanese and Huis Ten Bosch really symbolises their influence.
I must say, they were pretty much on point with recreating the canals, windmills and flowers.

amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch
image of amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch
image of amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch fall landscape

Since I visited Amsterdam in the autumnal months of 2014, seeing those pretty red and orange colours of the trees in this little Amsterdam town bought back so many memories!

image of amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch



Of course, with the place being an attraction to not only foreigners but more so to the locals, they had super cute trains, decked out in flowers, snowmen, and just lots of cute figurines everywhere. VERY JAPANESE.

Since the whole town was pretty huge, the 4 of us rented a 4 person bicycle like vehicle and cycled all around this themed park.


image of amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch




Coat - Zara | Dress - Thailand | Necklace - Forever 21 | Tights - Uniqlo | Boots - Timberland | Sunglasses - Ljubljana boutique stall
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch disney castle
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch


Of course, it was more than just a pretty area for pictures. Within the park itself, there were over 40 exhibitions to visit. Some of the more interesting ones we went to include a few rooms where they show case different ancient stained glass cups and vases, from the 1800s or earlier.
The details of these pieces were divine! EVERY SINGLE one was different and uniquely carved.







Apart from those stained glass, there were rooms filled with art pieces, and one of them had its walls and ceilings completely painted in a form of a story. There was no way I could capture it in a photograph but trust me when I say I gasped the moment I stepped into that room.









We had fun exploring the whole area and enjoyed a beautiful sunset, riding past all the trees and having the sun peeking through behind as it slowly went down. Even though Huis Ten Bosch was lovely in the day, nothing prepared us for the spectacle it became at night!

Once it turned dark, all the lights in the entire area came on. EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING (buildings, rivers, the pathway) was lighted up.
It was such a sight. We were no longer in Amsterdam. We were in some fantasy land with the brightest and most vibrant colours.

amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night


The way they manage to create a waterfall flowing down from the top of the clock tower on to the ground with just lights is brilliant. I was standing there watching the images change and just being in awe of how impressive the Japanese are, and how they bring a whole new level to the term "night lights".





YEAP. THESE ARE ANIMALS LIGHTED UP. AND THERE WERE SO MANY OF THEM!

amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch at night
amsterdam in japan huis ten bosch canal cruise at night

The pictures, (I won't say are the best but) do convey what the atmosphere was like and how insanely stunning the place was. Imagine seeing it in real life? You'd never expect to see something like that in Japan (well I certainly did not!)

The best thing was being on that canal cruise and having colourful fountains shoot up all around you and christmas music all around.



I have posted one too many pictures in this post, but I reckon its worth it and necessary. After all, Rosie is one of my fav. bloggers and the pictures on her blog really tells a story. I hope you some how managed to experience a fraction of what I did through these pictures! This was something pretty spectacular and I just wanted to share that on this space. Thank you for staying till the end, & I love you for reading this!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | By Carina Chung . Design by Fearne .