City Beach

12 August 2014 The Centre Pompidou, Place Georges-Pompidou, 75004 Paris, France

It was a really hot weekend the other week (I have since lost track of which week it was, thus the OTHER week) Decided to head up to Centre Pompidou and walk around alone, visit the Hôtel de Ville, and just explore the area up to Quai de la Seine, where Paris Plage was held at.


The main area for the City Square. I liked the rows of fountains. 
Unfortunately, it was really hard to capture that on camera under the BLAZING sun, plus I was too short to get everything in a properly framed shot.




Little pop up fashion store/area - love how such things are just there, and people walk by like its an everyday affair (well, I guess to them it is!)


Occasional cute cartoon stickers on the walls, they are always just there alone and unaccompanied.

POZETTO - My awesome pistachio and dark chocolate gelato that was melting from the heat, but so good nonetheless!





Can I just say, I LOVE THE RANDOM STREET GRAFFITI. I mean, just look at that! Especially the one of a man's face that goes all the way up to the top of the building! I mean, how do people do that?! Its just amazing.


Stravinsky Fountain. I expected it to be grander, and livelier though :( Was way more interested in the graffiti in the area than the fountain.


More AMAZING Street Art. The artist leave a bowl by the drawing on the floor, and I guess, its free for anyone who wanted to donate. Alternative way to earn $ in Paris indeed. 

Fontaine des Innocents



I love how people just sit around the fountain, chilling, listening to baskets along the streets, and people watching. Interesting how these people spend their saturdays relaxing and being all hipster-ish haha!


Ile de la Cite from one side (Im assuming, I really cannot remember)

Golden Angel Victoria

Since that day happened to be the first day for Paris Plage - an event where they import sand and awkward palm trees and line them along the river, mimicking a "beach". Its supposedly for people who don't have the luxury of travelling out of Paris to the coastal cities during the holiday month of august. So they create this fake beach for people to suntan, with games and activities for them to have a feel of being at beach on a vacation.

Minature red eiffel tower. Spot the real Eiffel tower!




When I was walking along the "beach" I had a really weird encounter with some guy. Its really hard to tell when people are just being friendly, and when they are not. I mistook his advances and thought he was being friendly - because compared to asians, parisians are really really friendly - but he was unfortunately one of those guys Caucasian guys that enjoy chatting up asians, and I don't mean it in a nice way :(

So I excused myself and said I had a dinner appointment with a friend. Normally don't tell lies like that, but there's a first for everything! Hahah! So here was my dinner with(out) my friend.


Japanese food in France isn't too expensive. I was pleasantly surprised by the meal I had, because I went to a restaurant with like nobody, and they didnt seem famous or anything. The food was not amazing or anything, but certainly comparable to sushi chains in Singapore.

On a side note, I FREAKING MISS the food in Singapore. The variety that we have is incomparable. multiple options from western to asian food all within 200m in the same place, is something I most definitely miss. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .