Christmas Excitement

23 December 2014

Days leading up to christmas (especially when I was younger) I usually get the christmas excitement brimming inside of me.
Shopping for christmas presents, watching christmas movies, thinking about the christmas dinner the whole family will have at my cousin's/aunts/uncles/whichever relative's house, singing christmas carols for sunday service (though the church seem to not have much of that anymore the last few years - well it was great fun when I was in sunday school!)

This year, my Christmas will be spent alone with Jerald in a cold cold city - Prague. Everything is a little different, but i'm really excited!

Here's 5 Things On My Christmas Excitement List.

1. Christmas Markets
The Food. Enough said.

P.S. Read about my first christmas market experience here and check back soon for a post on hyde park winter wonderland!

2. Hot Chocolate
I can drink hot chocolate with marshmallows since its freezing cold, and not the 30 degrees I'm used to in Singapore! With the freezing cold weather, getting a cup of warm hazelnut or honey almond hot chocolate from any coffee shop, or making your own, needs no justification!


3. Christmas Lights
I don't typically go to Orchard Road too often during christmas season, the same reason why I don't go down to Oxford Street in London - well once is more than enough. But seeing as this year i'll probably spend christmas day walking around prague, i'd get to see various christmas decorations (pre and post christmas) in the different countries. Exciting!!

Christmas Trees and lights London4. Fuzzy Sweaters
This is probably the only year i'll wear a fuzzy pyjamas set. Jerald got me a really cute one!! Time to bust it out for winter.
But  I'm probably never going to wear it after this year. Singapore is way too hot.

5. SNOW
Please let it snow let it snow let it snowwww.
Hoping if I say it enough i'll get to see snow for the first time ever!!

5. Christmas Themed Shop Windows
I know I repeated the number 5, but it seems like it MIGHT not snow (well according to the weather forecast that seems to change everyday) on christmas this year where i'll be (Prague). So... In the case it does not snow, pretty decked out shop displays also bring in a little Christmas flutter and gets me feeling all festive and excited!

Harrods Shop Window Christmas


What are you looking forward to this Christmas?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .