When I was younger, I used to dream about how my wedding would be. I would always dream of different types of wedding scenarios I could attend and be part of, and for a time, I wanted to be a Wedding Planner (probably when I was 14).
I had ideas of having a wedding in a park with 1000 flowers lining the aisle, and a beautiful fountain in the background, a beach wedding with a pavilion on the waters where the groom would stand and wait, some what like a private event from the shore where people will watch from.
And the one that had people telling me I was insane was when I said "I want to have a wedding in the snow!"
Imagine a wedding held with a backdrop like this. Beautiful isn't it?
I remember telling my friends (or maybe it was my mum) and they replied with "You wouldn't be able to wear glamorous dresses in the snow. It would be so cold you'll be all bundled up, and your heels will get stuck in the snow, and nobody would be willing to sit in the cold while you say your I do's."
With that statement I chucked away the thought and went on dreaming about other wedding set ideas.
Until.... NOW!
Weddington Way is an Online Store from San Francisco specialising in Bridesmaid dresses, and they are holding a January Style Challenge for a few of their new chiffon pieces. Their theme is... A WINTER WEDDING. (SEE!! People actually do have weddings in the snow!)
They asked me if I'd like to participate in it by styling a dress from a selection provided, and OF COURSE I SAID YES. Time for me to imagine a winter wedding set and that I'm one of the bridesmaids!
I tried to keep it as low-budget by choosing accessories from high street brands rather than luxury items. Here we go!
I chose this plum deep v-neck option out of 4 different dress choices given to me (a full selection of their entire range can be found here), if you know me, you know I LOVE purple, and this rich plum colour is so unique and definitely fits the theme of a mysterious, cool winter wedding.
Hair Inspiration:
Long or Short hair, as a bridesmaid, you're the bride's minion for HER big day. Its best you keep your bangs out of your face and what a better way than to pull it in a side braid! The side braid adds dimension to the hair and gives it a more interesting slightly bohemian touch!
For girls with Long Hair, you don't want it sweeping all over your face and getting all over that shiny lip gloss, so I recommend pulling it into a messy lose side braid (that is Serena Van Der Woodsen Approved!).
To add a little more glam and sparkle to the look, go for a sparkly crystal side-head piece, or weave it into your braid, if you have long locks. Definitely plays up the "snow-queen" vibes!
Make-up:
I'm not big on complex make-up, in fact, I don't even know much about make up, but for a slightly mysterious but not too edgy look, i think going with a brown and gold smokey eye with neutral lips will definitely be on point!
Now, after sorting out your face and hair, its time to piece together the whole look! As the dress in itself is a gorgeous number, so in order to keep the look elegant yet slightly dramatic, i've chosen to go with more neutral yet slightly sparkly items to complement the dress.
Outfit:
1. Sheinside Light Pink Detachable Fur Collar Vest Wide Lapel Zipper Coat
If its a winter wedding, it's DEFINITELY going to be chilly. This fur collared coat will not only give some structure to the outfit because of it's shape, the fur neckline also adds texture and contrasts from the chiffon material of the dress.
2. ASOS Limited Edition Fine Bar Drop Necklace
Since we already have sparkles going on in the hair, i'd say skip the earrings, and wear a mid-length necklace like the one from ASOS to complement the deep-v neck line of the dress.
it also much sparkle and so much going on, its best not to over do it with the shoes.
3. Butter London Brass Monkey Nail Polish
This nail colour from butter london has specks of gold in it, definitely brings out the brown smokey eye look as well as the sparkle in the jewellery.
4. Love Moschino Lace Heart Clutch Bag
Weddings = Celebrating LOVE. This bag practically screams "I Support LOVE!"What better way to show your support to the bride and groom by carrying such a symbolic bag. Not only is it cute, its small and fuss free, it also comes with a thin sling which means you don't have to grapple with the bag as you're doing different things during the wedding.
5. Sekonda Charm Bracelet Watch
On the bride's big day, there will be so much to do and many activities going on at the same time. As a bridesmaid, you may have to take care of the food, or the guests or whatever drama comes along whenever families gather in large numbers. TIME IS KEY. This bracelet watch is not only functional, it doubles up as arm-candy!
6. GoJane Taking Sides Velvety Peep-Toe Heels
With so much sparkle going on, its best not to over do it with the shoes. Going with a nude pair of heels will definitely tie in the whole outfit, keeping it elegant. The interesting cut-out at the side of the wedge along the the velvet texture keeps it minimalistic but prevents it from being boring.
With that you have a perfect mysterious, slightly dramatic Bridesmaid look for a cool winter wedding. Hope you like my ideas, and thanks for reading!
Check out Weddington Way's Bridesmaid Dresses HERE.
*This is not a sponsored post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)


Post a Comment