MASH UP: Light Blue Cropped Sweater

2 February 2015

Whenever we travel, we need clothing items that can be mixed and matched with other pieces to create more outfits. I once heard a rule, of only packing in a piece of clothing into your suitcase if it can be in 3 outfits, or be matched with 3 other items in the suitcase.
I think when we're shopping for new clothing items, we should always adopt this rule. I absolutely don't think there is anything wrong with repeating clothing items. The fashion industry makes it such a faux pas, but as students/young adults, I don't think spending and buying excessively is the way to go. Having fewer items (in your suitcase, or wardrobe) means you'll have to wear the same piece of clothing multiple times,  however, nobody likes to look like they only have 1 set of clothes right?

Monday's MASH UP will be used to highlight some of the clothing items that I find super useful for creating multiple outfits either with staple items in your wardrobe, or trendy fashionable items.

A) This is my way of sharing/experimenting different ways to wear a single item, as well as justifying the fact that you don't have to spend on new items to have new outfits. I'm going to try to fully utilize all my clothes, (I've been on a shopping cleanse, and I'm hoping it lasts till Summer. Wanna join me?) and branch out into different styles - instead of living in jeans the entire winter.

B) Since these items can be mixed and matched with other items to create multiple outfits, they are clothing items that will be extremely useful for traveling light. Bringing items like these in your suitcase prevents overpacking, but you don't have to compromise on the number of outfits you can have!


Ok, now that i'm done with the initial introduction, I'm going to start this off with my favourite Light Blue Cropped Sweater. This was an item purchased in one of my last shopping hauls on Tobi.com. Initially, I bought it because I just wanted a blue cropped sweater. There was really nothing much to it. I wanted a blue cropped sweater to wear over a black dress that I had - ok it was on a 50% sale as well.

When I got the sweater, I wore it with the black dress once, and have yet to do it again, because this sweater is surprisingly versatile! Unlike a white sweater or black top, this sweater adds a bit of colour  complementing a monochromatic outfit, yet its not too over the top and has the ability to neutralise bolder colours.


A light coloured crop sweater like this is such a good layering item. It is lightweight, but still has the ability to keep you warm. It can be matched with different outfits be it for cold winter nights or warmer spring days. Perfect item to take along whilst traveling. For those living in warmer climates, pair it with shorts or lose the tights in these outfits and you're good to go!

WHAT I WORE
Light Blue Knit Sweater - Tobi.com

Outfit 1: Bag - H&M / Army Green Pants - myCK Singapore / Gold Oxfords - Carlo Rino / Watch - Naked Glory

Outfit 2: Striped Dress - No Brand / Leggings - Primark / Black Ankle Boots - Ecco
Outfit 3: Dress - Thrift Store / Shoes - Ecco / Watch - Nakedglory.com

How else would you style a sweater like this? Comment below!

Follow me @runningwhitehorses on Instagram for more regular OOTDs :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .