Jardin du Luxembourg

29 June 2014 Luxembourg Gardens, 75006 Paris, France

Since its pouring outside, and I don't have an umbrella, I stayed up home, did the laundry, vacuumed the floor, edited my photos, SUBMITTED MY URECA (Praise the Lord its over!), and now I'm going to talk about my solo trip to Jardin du Luxembourg last saturday :)

Took a longer route to a different train station and the morning walk was really pleasant. Stumbled upon an interesting looking street clock - which they had an event there for Fête de la Musique later in the evening. 





There were many interesting shops along the way to Jardin du Luxembourg, but my favourite was the flower shop. I loved the smell of fresh flowers, and the colours of the flowers were just beautiful. Never seen such colourful peonies, lavenders and other flowers I cannot recognise hahaha. It was like an appetiser to the garden.

Walked into the garden from the back gate and this was what i saw. Beautiful statue with lush greenery, and flowers in full bloom. 


Normally when the sun is THIS bright in Singapore, it'd probably be 30 degree celsius out. But that day it was a beautiful cool breezy 20 degrees.

An overview of the garden surrounding the palace - did not manage to go in because I forgot to bring my visa along with me and therefore would have to pay to enter! :( 




Walking towards the palace/museum, you'd see rows of white sculptures lined up along the sides of the pavement. There were kids running around, children playing and groups of people sitting in circles singing random songs beautifully :) It was such a beautiful interesting sight!



I was so amused by the children riding on ponies around the park, unfortunately, when i walked to the place where the ponies were resting they all looked really sad... Not a strong animal lover or anything, but I felt sorry for the horses.

People dress up in costumes from the past. For I have no idea what reason! But somehow around Palaces, there are always groups of people like these.

There's so much to see in the garden. I could just walk and roam around on my own. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring snacks or any form of food so by noontime, I was starving! Not to mention, seeing everyone else having picnics in groups made me hungrier (and lonelier. But I was soaking up the beauty of the graden to mind at that time).




Really cool how the parisians just spend their saturdays at a park, running, talking a walk with their significant other, sitting down on these chairs available EVERYWHERE and have a picnic while enjoying the breeze, and letting their children roam free around the garden. Work life balance they call it.

//Sidetrack//
But this also means that I can't get hold of the bank on a Sunday and having issues with documents in french and my money not showing up in the balance of my account becomes terribly frustrating! //

Loved how there "fence bushes" were cut out in such a unique pattern!


Another thing interesting about the park were people playing with boats in this pond. Typically we would expect to see motorised boats with remote controls etc. (Reminds me of the time we had to build our own boat from scratch during one of our modules. The horror just recalling it.) but here, they were playing it with a stick. Teenagers, children, adults, all lined up to get a boat and a stick and they jab and poke at the boat, attempt to create waves in the pond with their stick, just to get the boat to the black house there. It was so primitive! Loved it! Hahaha!

After I bought a sandwich and sat at one of the chairs to eat, I left the garden and headed to the Latin Quarter. Since I'm at an attempt to keep my blog post shorter and more readable, i'll post photos of my walk around the latin quarter in another post. Thats all for now!

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .