Streets of the Latin Quarter

2 July 2014 Panthéon, Place du Panthéon, 75005 Paris, France

Shall keep this entry short!
As promised, here are photos from roaming around the Latin Quarter.
After admiring the garden, I decided to head to the nearby Latin quarter. Saw another peaceful-looking-arcade-type-architecture-walkway as I was walking there.

Theres something about these kind of walkways, I just love it.

This is the place/square of the latin quarter

I walked back to the centre of the square just to get a photo when they turned on the fountains!
Anyway, I think the latin quarter is a popular meeting point for people or something. There were people sitting by the fountain reading, people waiting go for their dates, students just sitting together chit-chatting.
I guess students always hang out around here, considering I walked by about 3 or 4 universities/colleges when I was in the area. There were also a lot of bars and food shops, shopping boutiques too. It was a nice neighbourhood. I wouldn't mind having such a cool hang out place. DO SOMETHING NTU.


This feels like a movie could be filmed here. 

It reminded me of a scene in a book I read when I was 14 (maybe older maybe younger - well in my early teens). Strangely I think the book was about Paris. It scene was about this girl who was walking along the cobblestoned pathway, got lost, decided to just sit down on one of the ledge of a low wall, and met an interesting humorous guy and fell in love. Now we know where all my unrealistic expectations came from.



Another thing interesting about the buildings in the area, was the doors. Each door seemed to have a character/personality. They were unique and somehow it just seemed as though each door has a persona of its own. Just my observation. Anyway! I Loved the short white door. Not sure who would use it, but well, it looks cool!


Its amusing how they just plaster papers/flyers on the walls as part of an advertisement. 
Mostly for small companies I guess.


THE PANTHEON

Did not go in since I forgot my visa. Im not gonna pay into a museum when I can go in for free.
The sun was so bright that day, it was so terribly hard to get a normal picture that wasn't either over exposed or just... weird. Then again, Im using an iPhone 4S, so pictures probably wouldn't do justice to any of the places. 

Fontaine St Michael

There were so many people there trying to get a selfie with the fountain. I had no idea why they would want to do that. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful fountain. Nice architecture behind the sprouts of water!


Hello to a golden man basking. Poor guy! having to sit there covered in gold paint. It was really really hot that day.

Was this the Hôtel de Ville? I think maybe.

Here's the ever famous La Seine

The pictures of La Seine always turn out so much nicer than in real life. In real life its just so vast that my eyes can't capture the width(not depth lol) of its beauty. And of course there are always couples scattered along the walkway making out.
There was a couple on my left enjoying their alone time (in a crowded area-the irony) beside me as I shamelessly just stood there so as to take a nice photo of the river.

Was really surprised by the latin quarter. Paris is such a picture perfect place :) in addition to the wonderful weather, it makes travelling my foot a lot easier!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .