Instead of cooking/learning how to cook from my dad every night, we decided to head out and eat one of the weeknights. Found out about Ti Jos online at Timeout Paris, and we gave it a try.
It was hard to navigate to Ti Jos, but thankfully for google map, we succeeded. Ti Jos is located in some small lane in Montparnase.
At Ti Jos we had (Clockwise direction): Ti Jo Salade - Really awesome potatoes with ham and mustard sauce (and i don't even like mustard, but i liked the salad!), Galette with Ham, Eggs and Mushroom, Salted Caramel Apple Crêpe - This crêpe was divine. Zara and I both LOVED the apples. They has this light sweetness, and the caramel was not too sweet and didn't overpower, another Galette with cheese, ham, eggs and mushroom! 3.50Euro for a glass of really fragrant red wine and COMPLIMENTARY Baugettes which were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
It was a good meal :)
Here's a box of pretty Pierre Hermé macarons that zara brought back, which I heard had a really awesome texture. Gonna get some for myself soon!
Met Nic and her friend on her last evening in Paris for a little catch up session :) Went to SoonSoon for dinner and had Korean food. Despite my ugly picture of it, the food was pretty awesome! And it was a great catching up session nice to finally meet nic after so long <3
p.s: Nic, i noticed kenny talking to zara to make her feel less awkward while the both of us were reminiscing about the past and gushing about random RJ people haha! Thank him for me!
The Grand Palais, as we were heading for dinner down Champs-Élysées
After the dinner, while walking along the Champs-Élysée, kenny got approached by some petition people. They really pick their targets. He happened to be carrying a lot of things, but thankfully we all walked away fast enough.
Apparently my dad entertained one of the small kids who asked him to sign for some stuff. He wanted to donate money but only said he had a couple of coins, the little girl even offered to change his notes to coins for him, but thankfully nothing serious happened and I guess they "lost" only several coins in his pocket or something.
The last night for them in Paris, we went to the Eiffel Tower. After cooking dinner, we waited until about 9pm and headed out then. It was pretty easy to get to the Eiffel tower, since my dad went there a couple of times during his stay.
Edited version of the sun set while I was playing with the photo editing app.
After it got Dark the Eiffel Tower looked really pretty :) Not too many pretty shots cause Zara was wearing a dress and she didn't dare jump and it was damn hard to please me when it comes to jump shots. So heres a picture of us against the Tour Eiffel.
After the sun completely went down, the flickering lights of the Eiffel Tower came on :) It was a really pretty after the lights turned on!
Honestly, I was pretty disappointed with the Eiffel Tower.
1. There were just too many tourist. TOO MANY.
2. I was in a really crappy mood that day.
3. It didn't evoke any feeling/emotion in me. I have no idea why, but I did not find it majestic/grand etc. it felt as though I was looking at a postcard more than something live. IT REALLY JUST LOOKS LIKE WHAT YOU SEE IN A POST CARD. Feels... "dead" if anybody got what I meant.
Nevertheless, its like something on a TO-DO List. You can't go to Paris and not see the Eiffel Tower, Its like just for the sake of it. Everyone should go at least once. :)
I guess when you just walk around with your significant other, without the stress of settling in/having to wake up early to work tmr, its nice to admire the lights or even climb up the tower to get a birds eye view of Paris.
On the way back we saw a couple just standing against one of the lamp pole waiting for the photographer to take their picture. It didn't look the least bit romantic. They just looked uncomfortable, awkward and annoying. Which I found really amusing and I had to contain my laughter.
I have a whole theory about Paris and Romance. Which will be elaborated when pictures of Pont des Arts go up :)


The bit on the Eiffel Tower reminded me of the bit on travel from Daniel Boorstin's The Image: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/891231540
ReplyDeleteWe now travel to compare the real thing to the image, rather than vice versa. And with the advent of photography and now image-editing, generally we will end up being disappointed by the 'normal' looking original.
Perhaps I'm jaded with tourism in general now, whoops.