Just to declare, my favourite colour is not blue, its purple. But I think, blue is such a versatile colour and it is my favourite shade to wear. Evidently.
I remember a couple of years ago, I was reading an article in a fashion magazine, where they showed how blue suited almost every single skin colour. I guess thats where it started, my love for wearing blue tones.
Anyway, after that conversation, I turned up to school the next day wearing this combo. A periwinkle knit sweater and my dusty blue leather jacket.
I've worn this jacket in a previous outfit layered under a fluffy white sweater, which was a more casual and cosy outfit than this.
![]() |
| A Different Outfit |
But with this second outfit, I wanted to go a little more street style. The base of this outfit is pretty neutral in terms of style - it can be preppy (instead of streetstyle/grunge) if paired with oxfords and a blazer instead of a leather jacket. But well, i've never really tried going grunge, so here's a little experiment and a baby step towards implementing that style into my outfits.
I think the dusty blue leather jacket instead of a black one makes it less glam-rock, which could be why I was slightly more comfortable with the outfit.
When I first bought this jacket instead of a black leather jacket, I was afraid I would be limited by its colour, as black goes with everything, but the same can't be said of blue. Thankfully, somehow, this shade of blue worked out well with my current closet. I think having a leather jacket in a less conventional shade (not black) gives more character to the outfits I wear. Plus, this dusty blue colour happens to be suitable for the upcoming spring season, which is fantastic as this means I can get more use out of this leather jacket.
What are your thoughts?
WHAT I WORE
Leather Jacket: Motivi
Black Zipper Dress: Bebe
Periwinkle Knit Top: New Look
Boots: Topshop
SHOP SIMILAR ITEMS





Post a Comment