Last Post About Living Alone

20 August 2014 Paris, France

Company has officially arrived in Paris, and we have started travelling. So here's a short post about how I spent my last week alone, and general fun facts of living alone (Ok more like fun facts about my weekend) I guess?

1) You can stand forever at this one spot to wait for cars to passby so that you get a propershot of the Arc de Triomphe - or any other attraction. 

2) You can lie on the grass the whole day if you want. *Points at man lying alone on the right side* 
Really, you can do whatever you want. Remember to wear huge sunglasses, nobody will bother you that way since half your face is covered.

3) You can attempt to get a shot of the perfectly lined lamp posts from all sorts of angles and cross the road multiple times to try again.
I JUST realised there were 3 couples in the photo. Guess this means travelling alone with lots of free time = blocking out the other humans around and just soaking up all that the city has to offer.


4) Learning how to cook.Im most definitely NOT  a domestic Goddess, hence the pictures here are smaller. Wouldn't dare cook a meal for anybody but myself, but I have to admit, when food turns out edible, I feel this sense of satisfaction, and my head goes "Well done me!"

5) Tribute to Gossip Girl: Sitting at a Café for 2 hours while watching the rain pour, people without umbrellas scrambling to the nearest shelter, and ordering expensive hot chocolate and strawberries - because nobody needs to know how much you spent on that. They tasted amazing. So what if you have to eat maggie mee for dinner right? Haha



6) Church bells were ringing as i took this photo, looking at the sky, you cannot believe it rained 5 mins ago. Oh European weather.

7) Making new friends, trying new food, and having special encounters with people who know where Singapore is!
I pulled out my DBS credit card to pay for my fish and chips (Yes food trucks take credit cards too!) and man in stripe shirt said "DBS? You're from singapore!" and proceeds to tell me he worked/lived in SG for 6months. Was thoroughly impressed if I had cash on hand that day, I would definitely have tipped him.



By the way, the Fish and Chips were really good! Fresh and crunchy on the outside, fries were awesome too!

8) You also can do a lot of other nonsense like taking pictures of doors, random vespas, and whatever you want. No judgement. I take photos of doors all the time, especially those that are decorated with greenery. And I always always pay tribute to a purple door by taking a photo of it. 

I think i've talked about the frequent coffee breaks and smoke breaks the french take. This is where they take their smoke breaks. Cool looking trees aligned in even rows, I wouldn't mind taking breaks here either!

So that's it, look out for more exciting posts about my trips out of Paris in the next few entries :) I'm trying to speed this up so that i'm no longer lagging!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .