Sometimes, I look at my friends and I envy them for being able to do what they love. I envy them for being courageous, for believing in their abilities, for not second guessing their interests and just taking them to the highest level possible.
So when this quote came along, I realised there is no point for me to sit and say "oh they're lucky, i wish I could do what I love" or "I wish I could have (this) or (that)". There is no point in wishing and not doing anything about it.
From now on, every time "I WISH" comes into my head, i'm reminded that I can make things possible in my life. Sure it won't come easy, and maybe nobody will support you, after all everything comes with a price. People will think spending your time on certain things are frivolous, but it's better to pave the life that you want, than to regret 5 years later for not giving yourself that one shot, to take that chance when you could, to give it your all and see where it would lead you.
I constantly remind myself: I have to be able to live with my decisions. Live with my choices. Just because your friends and family approve of your decisions, doesn't mean you're happy with them.
Do not let people fit you into a box just because that box symbolises what they are familiar with, what they can accept and what they can understand.
If you don't ignore the critics (who somehow always claim they know whats best for you - even if its out of love) and boldly go after what you love, you end up being 35 and envious. No amount of money will ever make that ok.

Post a Comment