Outfit Diary: Crop Top for Winter

5 January 2015

As usual, I'm going to talk about reusing my summer clothes for the Fall/Winter.


Contrary to popular believe, I do not shop a lot. I appear to have a lot of clothes - or so some people think... because; 
a) I haven't changed in height since sec3 - and I can still, at times, wear clothes I own from lower secondary
b) I try my best not to match my clothes in the same way. 

Ok, sometimes, I shop quite a bit online. SOMETIMES. Anyway, after coming to London and after living in Paris, I decided i'll stop shopping and buying more clothes because they were not be suitable for the weather back in Singapore. 
I brought a crop top with me that I wore in the summer, but I haven't had the chance to wear it. I've always gravitated to my sweaters to stay warm. 


But one day, I decided to just #yolo, and kept my fingers crossed that i'll stay warm.
That was the same day I realised the wonders of HEATTECH.
I was warm just by layering 2 cardigans - one thin, one thick - over the crop top, and paired that whole ensemble with black and white printed leggings and black boots! The blue cardigan was used to match my top and the black one to neutralise all the colours in the outfit. 
Sometimes I feel like there are certain unspoken formulas I adopt when forming outfits, it's like math for fashion.

Don't be afraid to wear cropped tops in the winter! Just make sure you have your HEATTECH on and layer with cardigans or a coat.


Disclaimer (because I don't remember saying this ever): 
I'm not a model. Neither am I aspiring to be one. I care about clothes, and I love dressing up. Post like these are just to share with other people what I find useful, because everyone can look good and dress well. You don't need to be rich to look presentable (and you don't need to have a lot of clothes to have many different outfits)!

Black Textured Cardigan: Promod | Dark Blue Inner Cardigan: New Look | Boots: Topshop | Leggings: New Look | Crop Top: H&M | Touch Screen Gloves: Marks & Spencer | Vintage Brown Satchel Bag: Amsterdam thrift store


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .