INVEST IN: A Striped Top

9 February 2015

Technically, this is another Monday's MASH UP, just that I think the item is ESSENTIAL to a wardrobe. Its one of those items that everyone needs.
As I was preparing for this post, I realised that I have a ton of striped clothing items. In my previous MASH UP,  I wore a striped dress. In my cupboard, I currently have 2 striped dresses and 3 striped tops (1 vertical stripes, so technically that doesn't count?) and 1 striped skirt.

It never really occurred to me that I had this "obsession" with stripes. It was never really a thing I thought about. But, stripes are one of those staple items that you NEED in your wardrobe. Some people say stripes can make people look bigger, but when you get the right thickness with striped clothing items, they actually slim you down. Alternatively, vertical stripes give an illusion of a longer body.  I'm not tall and practically have NO TORSO, so wearing vertical stripes (see here!) - tucked out! - gives the slight illusion of a longer body. Stripes also come of smarter than your typical plain white-T, it has a pattern but its systematic look makes it less in your face. Perfect for those who aren't big fans of loud patterns.


Honestly, we don't need many striped items in our wardrobes. A good striped top can last you for AGES without going out of shape. Striped tops make easy outfit formulas match them with any solid coloured bottom and black shoes, and you're good to go.
They work with all types of styles from casual, comfortable, bohemian, to sporty and street. Sometimes, when paired with the right blazer, they can be suitable for work, school presentations or interviews.



I love the versatility of a striped top. It can literally tie you through any season, winter spring summer or fall. I know none of the outfit's here are summery, but match the striped top with a bright solid coloured skater or a-line skirt instead of pants throw on a denim jacket, and there you have a summer outfit! A useful layering piece for traveling, striped tops area definite MUST HAVE. Right? 

How else would you style a basic striped top? Let me know in the comments!

WHAT I WORE
Navy and White Striped Top from H&M - Similar Here, Here, and Here

For more regular OOTDs you can check out my Instagram @runningwhitehorses

Shop The Items (Affiliate Links):

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .