Unfortunately, it has still been really cold in London. Occasionally the sun would be warm and bright and i'd have some hope that the warmer days are arriving, only to meet with strong winds and rain the next day. Since I promised myself to cut down on shopping, I have to make use of every single clothing item currently in my wardrobe, it includes this thrifted cropped top.
Here's how I styled it 2 ways. The first one is more of a school day outfit. Adopting a dark blue and black palette, I paired this top with high waisted black pants, a blazer to amp up the varsity preppy vibes and my converse.
The 2nd outfit is more suitable for going out for dinner with friends, or a date, but it is still appropriate for school considering the hemline for the skirt isn't too long. I didn't pair it with leggings because it was pretty warm that one day!
The great thing about this cropped top is that it has a high neck line and it hits me just below the belly button. This could be because I have a short torso, but I like the fact that is a longer crop, prevents me from having to show skin in the colder months!
Call me conservative, but, I don't feel too comfortable with cropped tops that are too high or show off my belly. Which is why i've always stayed away from them. I'm typically not one to expose parts of my body (apart from the arms and legs, occasionally the back), so I tend to go for tops that have a longer crop. With the combination of my short torso, it means that I wouldn't be exposed.

Honestly, I can't wait for Spring and summer, I just really miss the sunshine and I desperately want to do away with leggings, tights and pants.
So, which outfit do you prefer? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! x
P.S. I didn't celebrate valentine's day this year since my valentine is a whole continent away, but I got some lovely flowers delivered, and here's incorporating it into my outfit photographs!
WHAT I WORE
Thrifted Cropped Top - Amsterdam Thrift Store (Similar here, here and here)
Outfit 1: Blazer - Online store / Black Pants - Takashimaya / Sneakers - Converse
Outfit 2: Leather Jacket - Motivi / Skirt - Thailand / Ankle Boots - Primark






Post a Comment