Got this button up patterned dress on ASOS a while back on a sale, because it fit 2 of my shopping criterions.2) Suitable for the insanely warm Singapore temperature (30°C)
To be fair, the colour doesn't exude spring summer vibes, but the lightweight material coupled with the long sleeves means my arms have some protection when it gets chilly and I won't perspire under this dress from the summer heat!


I first wore it out as a dress when I visited the London Sky Garden (google london walkie talkie building) with my roommate, and realised that it was way too static-y. I guess either the air was too dry or my skin was too dry.
So instead of wearing it out as a dress again, I decided to use it as a cardigan like overcoat for a more artsy-casual-don't-give-crap vibe, and as a top paired with a denim jacket and black pleated skirt for a more spring appropriate look.






I like that I got the dress in a size up instead of my usual size. I think it looks better with a baggy fit than it would be with a slim fit. Also, since the pattern is quite understated, it makes it easy to pair it with anything in your wardrobe.
The size and "loudness" of a pattern is so important when choosing patterned clothing items. To ensure that its more versatile, always go for smaller prints or simple ones in one or 2 colours like the triangles in this dress.
WHAT I WOREIm probably going to wear this more during the summer when the weather gets warmer, and the air, less dry. Let me know your thoughts / Other ways of styling this dress!
Patterned Button Up Dress - ASOS
Outfit 1: Leather Jacket - Motivi / Leggings - Primark / Shoes - Far East Plaza Singapore / Bag - Paris
Outfit 2: Textured White Top (similar) / Black Pants - Mint Velvet / Shoes - Ecco / Watch - Nakedglory.com
Outfit 3: Denim Jacket - Pull and Bear / Skirt - ASOS / Necklace - Primark / Boots - Topshop
P.S. You can follow me on Instagram for more regular OOTDs and updates on my other travel adventures!
Post a Comment