Outfit Diary: Crossing River Bridges in Dublin, Ireland

22 June 2015 River Liffey, Ireland

Outfit of the day and crossing rivers of Dublin Liffey in Ireland

In my previous post, I shared with you all the quirky colourful areas of Dublin; places where you can hang out and explore when the weather is unpredictable and you might have to run for shelter any moment.
But seeing that it's summer time, I'm hoping that the Irish weather is a little kinder, and you get at least a couple of warm, sunny, mornings if you're living in Dublin or visiting the city.

colourful buildings and ha'penny bridge across Dublin Liffey in Ireland
OOTD by the Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
outfit featuring sheinside, pull and bear, and primark

A great way to spend a warm good weathered morning/afternoon in Dublin is to walk along the Liffey River.
The river and its bridges are beautiful at night, but on a nice day, they are just as lovely to hang around.
With a lemonade (or ice cream) in hand, a wonderful afternoon stroll down the river would be perfect. 

As I was walking along the Liffey, I realised Dublin had so many lovely bridges. My 2 favourites were, the one near Temple Bar called Ha'penny Bridge, and the Samuel Beckett Bridge

Colourful Flags along the Dublin Liffey River in IrelandImage of the Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
Nice warm day along Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
Things to do in Dublin on a summer, walk down the Liffey River in Ireland

Walking down along the river towards The Samuel Beckett bridge (or the Harp Bridge), you get to see a lot of interesting sights from buildings like the Custom House to like a group of bronze statues representing ---- my favourite sight was the ships along the river. It maybe because of my then obsession with the TV Show Once Upon A Time, and The Jolly Roger, but that ship sure looked like it could belong to Captain Hook!

Image of Custom House in the day by the  Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
Dublin river and the harp bridge in ireland
Spring outfit featuring sheinside, primark, converse
Spring outfit monochrome featuring sheinside, converse, primark
What I Wore
Dress: SheInside
Bag: Thrifted
Denim Jacket: Pull & Bear
Necklace: Primark
Shoes: Converse
Samuel Beckett Bridge and Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
Image of the Dublin Liffey River in Ireland and a ship on the river

I was really surprised by the lack of people along the river in Dublin. When I was in Paris last summer, the banks of La Seine were CONSTANTLY filled with people sitting around and having a drink.
Ok, I understand that Paris is beautiful in the spring/summer, but the Dublin River is lovely as well! It's just sad that the Irish don't get great weather that often. I'm pretty sure if they have long warm sunny spring/summer days and nights, the Liffey would be filled with people chilling out around it. I mean I saw quite a number of empty benched on my walk. Somebody has to fill them sometime otherwise they wouldn't be there. Maybe I was there a little too early in the season. And since the weather was being quite temperamental, people might have just chosen to not stay out for too long.

Dublin Liffey River in Ireland and the harp bridge
summer light leaks and statues along Dublin Liffey River in Ireland
Dublin Liffey River in Ireland OOTD shot

People from Dublin, tell me, does the Liffey gets crowded during the summer time?
I sure hope it does because I have this image of how vibrant it could be in my head! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .