Japanese Cherry Blossoms

24 March 2016 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Flower Dome, Gardens by the Bay, Singapore 018953

sakura Japanese cherry blossoms singapore

Living in a crazy hot sunny all year round country like Singapore, means we don't the the luxury of experiencing spring. Neither do we get to see flowers bloom, or even certain kinds of flowers that only grow in temperate climates.
Tulips, hydrangeas, roses, just to name a few. The flowers we see growing along our road sides are usually Bougainvilleas.

Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore sakura

However, the brilliant minds behind the Flower Dome at gardens by the bay, created a conservatory, where they could adjust the temperature to allow certain flowers that are imported temporarily from countries like netherlands, and japan, to grow and stay alive.

Sakura Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
flower dome at gardens by the bay singapore
GBTB Singapore flower dome image
cactus and succulents singapore flower dome

Every time they bring in flowers, I never hesitate to go in for a visit. yes, it costs $12, which is awfully expensive just to see flowers, but I have this soft spot for flowers, and when flowers are being shipped in and preserved in their natural state (as much as possible) there is all the more NO reason to say no.

Here's how I justify the $12. I pay $12 to see Japanese cherry blossoms in the conservatory, or... pay $500 for a plane ticket to Japan.
BESIDES, IM NOT EVEN GOING TO JAPAN ANYTIME SOON.
In my head, that is more than sufficient justification!

Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
sakura Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore images
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore

Despite the conservatory being insanely crowded, the beautiful flowers make up for everything. Apart from the typical flowers, succulents and cactus displays (that are there all year round) more than half of the conservatory was filled with amazing cherry blossoms with different shades of pink!
There was a Torii gate at the centre of all the flowers to make it more Japanese like when people were taking selfies with the flowers.

Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
flower dome singapore sakura exhibition
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore
Japanese Cherry blossom at gardens by the bay singapore

I think tourists who come into Singapore and visit the flower dome should attempt to get their trip coincide with some kind of season or special exhibition (which is pretty easy considering there is one every few months!)

The only down side though, was the crowd. I should have gone during a weekday, I would if I didn't have school and projects, but alas, life of a uni student (or any normal working adult) meant that to see the lovely flower display, I had to squeeze with hundreds of others.

It was still worth it. Flowers make everything worth it.




Here's a little Outfit Diary of my time there, hope you like it!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .