
Concrete Garden.
I'm pretty sure this will seem rather bizarre. Apart from Huis Ten Bosch in Japan - a theme park created to look so much like Amsterdam with its lights emulating flower buds - i've never quite seen anything similar to Gardens By The Bay in Singapore.

Much like how Parisians never go up the Eiffel tower, I've never made a special trip to the gardens much less felt the need to explore the area and take a look at these super trees. It was until last christmas, when there was a christmas market going on did I head down to the gardens.
The reason for heading down to the christmas market was because I missed actually experiencing one in the snow - oh all the german christmas markets I went to - but of course, it wasn't quite the same in the Singapore heat.


When I got to the gardens and got to experience the light show, where the trees lighted up and changed its colour, I got why this place was such a tourist attraction.
It was pretty spectacular, avatar, sci-fi like to have trees that huge, flickering to the beat of the music surrounding the gardens.
When the light show began at about 8.45pm, you would notice everyone in the vicinity stopping in their tracks and turning their heads towards these trees.


Magical is what the experience was. My only gripe? The crowd. Of course, the day I was there, was a Friday evening and coincided with the fact that there were 2 events held at that space, which made it all the more populated.
But, visiting this space on a breezy evening, would definitely make for a perfect evening stroll! Or if you're more interested in having a clear look at the structures of these trees, go look at it in the day. I would love to revisit this garden in the day. Spend some time walking around, photographing these structures. Perhaps soon enough! ;)
Post a Comment