If I don't blog today, i'll be back to lagging 2-3 weekends. So I stayed at home, wrote a couple of postcards (hopefully they get sent out soon!) and edited these overdued photos.
They say Montmartre is the true Paris. The streets are different, the people dress differently, the cars are different, the skies are greyer, the buildings look older. So much charm in one little arrondissement :)
When I got out of the Metro, I saw people dressed in white carrying white balloons, taking photos and popping champagne. I believe they were having an event, probably a church event since it was in front of a church.
The cars are so adorable and vintage looking! The feeling of being in this area is something like "This is your world and I am just visiting!!!" I was so in awe.
Le Mur des Je T'aime - The wall With "I love you" written in more than 280 languages
Love the cobbled stone walkways!
Very cute little train thing with wheels. Told you this place was out of the world.
So I walked and admired the attractive walkways and then I had to climb this insane amount of steps to get to the Sacré Cœur because I was too cheap to take the tram.
But, the view was worth the good thigh workout :)
The Sacré Cœur is just amaaaazingggg! Serene and majestic all at the same time. Even more so than the Notre Dame since its on a higher ground ;)
Prayer Room.
Looks super peaceful, I was so tempted to just go there and pray, but it felt like it was going to be awkward, so I prayed at the side.
Climbed down another flight of steps and having to climb up again! At least lunch was fulfilling :)
Had lunch in a cute little restaurant that was playing american pop music covers, felt amazing. Paris - The origin of the Café craze all around Asia.
When I was in the restaurant, I was happily minding my own business and singing along to songs like "Let Her Go" and "Somewhere Only We Know", I guess the shop keeper probably assumed I was from China, and was surprised that I knew all the lyrics to the songs that were playing (omg why wouldn't I - pop song covers are right up my alley!) and he decided to ask me "so where are you from?" And usually when I say singapore, people either say "ohh" because they assume its in China, or they go "Its a great place!" because they actually know where it is, this shop owner belong to the latter group. For the fact that he actually knew where SG was, I left a bigger tip :D
A chocolate shop - THIS SHIP IS MADE OF CHOCOLATE.
Vineyards! There were people on top (where the buildings are) but I couldn't find my way up :(
Love all these random street side decorations. Props to the people who do it :)
This is how bloggers get all their cool OOTD shots. I KNOW NOW. They were there for like a freaking long time, poor guy was taking instructions from the girl whilst braving the rain.
-Points at wet floors-
Walker through Walls - There was a story about how this man thought he could walk through walls that inspired this statue.
While I was taking photos of this café, a Japanese couple kept staring at me and then they said "Bonjour" to which I replied "Bonjour" and smiled politely. Then a whole string of Japanese came out of their mouth accompanied by animated facial expressions. I was just stunned for a moment, and then said "I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese." I was so surprised to be mistaken for a Japanese by a Japanese couple since I most definitely don't look Japanese - though japanese people are really good looking. Being assumed to be chinese/from china, thats normal, but oh well. I thought only Europeans and Americans couldn't tell asians apart. Guess sometimes asians can't tell each other apart either.
Its funny how people assume your nationality/the languages you speak just by the way you look. Guess we can avoid being stereotyped based on our physical features. Sad fact, but c'est la vie, such is life.
Its so cool how chairs are just lined up outside for people to sit, have a coffee and people watch.
I'm always intrigued no matter how many times i've seen this set up in Paris
PURPLE DOOR. Enough said.
After walking around and tugging on my umbrella for dear life - the winds here are just TOOOO strong - I came across this interesting looking gallery. Well I didn't know it was an art gallery, the mirror lined walls made it look a little dubious. It seemed more like one of those clownish funhouse.
I was really glad I went in though :) There were these 2 Cali girls (could tell by their accent) talking to each other about how ah-mazing the art pieces were and how they were so lucky to have found the gallery.
It was a nice gallery. I don't know much about art, but I enjoyed the visit. The pieces were so cool. I just admire people who have that natural artistic flair.
By far my favourite. I would interpret it as something that we has to do with people putting too much focus on outer beauty. I maybe wrong, but well, there are the bullet holes on the barbies' faces. If this is not the message, then its no longer my fav.
Saw the famous Moulin Rogue. Whilst I don't think it's a good idea to go alone, I really do want to watch the Cabaret here!
This building is just a movie theatre - similar to films where people meet outside at the ticket stand by the road. You can never get that in SG, you usually meet outside near some arcade lol. Interesting to see something different from the usual high-rise shopping centres with the movie theatres at the highest level.
On a side note: Blogging is hard work. 68 Pictures in this post alone omg.
Very lovely! you're making me want to come over to France to go walk around with you lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd the nearby church bells started ringing right when I was looking at the photos of the church O:
And I believe it's "cabaret"!