The Beaches of Nice, France

14 September 2014 Nice, France


It's my 2nd last day in Paris, feeling a little more than usual/than I expected (considering I'm coming back to Europe at the end of September). Flying in to Singapore 2 shades darker than when I first came to Paris, thanks to the wonderful weather in Nice.

Spent 4 days in Nice soaking up the sun and lazing on the ROCKY beach. This is the first time I have been on a rocky beach, and I must say, a sandy beach is a lot more enjoyable. Its almost impossible to walk barefoot on a rocky beach, well, unless you want to have some form of foot reflexology or be in pain the whole time haha!




Nevertheless, the beaches in Nice are GORGEOUS. Blue waters extending out to infinity and beyond accompanied by occasional strong waves. I had so much fun playing in the waters, picnicking and throwing stones with Jerald to see who could throw it further - I lost every time, damn.


We also walked over to the Harbour/Port of Nice where we had lunch at Restaurant Safran which was just along the port. We learned the real way to eat mussels - use an empty mussel shell to pull the meat out instead of using your fork and spoon. It was a fail proof method!


It was enjoyable at anytime of the day, be it morning or night. It does get pretty chilly at night though, but watching the sun set and planes taking off at the far end of the beach was definitely a memorable sight.



2 comments

  1. love nice. so beautiful and relaxed. your photos capture it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the compliment, thats so sweet of you.
      Nice is very beautiful, people are so much nicer too! Less stressed more laid back, it was a refreshing change from my usual city life haha, hopefully i get another chance to visit the south of france again :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .