
In the last post, I mentioned going for a boat party down the River Thames. It seems to be like an Imperial College tradition (not too sure?), where the residents of halls dress up (semi-formal), pile onto a boat and sail down the Thames.
There were 3 decks on the boat with a dance floor (pretty much an empty space with music blasting) and a bar on the lower decks. I was hoping drinks would be free, but since we paid like £10 each for the party, it was no surprise that there wouldn't be free flow of drinks.
I had class from 9am-5pm that day, and was neither in the mood, nor had the money (£5 for a beer!) to party and get high. So I spent most of the boat ride on the upper deck admiring the London Skyline.
P.S. Sometimes I think i'm such a "boring" person by conventional societal standards. I never enjoyed drinking and partying the night away. Thought i'd be more "exciting" in London, well guess not. But thats ok. I don't have to conform!
London is absolutely beautiful at night. It was such a wonderful experience to have seen it while cruising down the river. The prominent landmarks of London like the Saint Paul's Cathedral, The Shard, The London Eye, Tower Bridge etc. all look amazing at night with the colourful lights.
This boat ride down River Thames was the 2nd time i've been on a boat ride at night.
My first experience was in Shanghai, down The Bund, 4 years ago. Till today, I still have a vivid memory of how gorgeous it was.







It rained during our trip so we were stuck inside for most of it ):
ReplyDeleteOhh no :( For us it was drizzling before, then it stopped thankfully!
Delete