If Barcelona Was A Girl...

26 October 2014 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

She would be the girl-next-door. Not the most popular girl in school, neither the talk of the town nor the girl all guys want to date. Nevertheless, she is charming yet relatable, attractive but in a subtle way,  and filled with beauty when you get to know her. 



That was my blatant attempt at personification. Guess I should stay away from that from now on.

Some people have said Barcelona is a beautiful city, however, having lived in Paris for 3 months, living in London now, and having Amsterdam as my first european city getaway, makes it really hard for many other european cities to match up.
Thats because London and Paris are 2 absolutely beautiful cities, its so hard to compete. Architecture wise, Paris is COMPLETELY PICTURESQUE. And London, well, I LOVE London (in the day too but more so) at Night!


This is the reason why I was not completely blown away the 3 days I was at Barcelona. But don't get me wrong! I enjoyed every moment I was in Barcelona - minus the part where I fell sick - and had my fair share of "OMG. THIS IS COOL." moments during the trip!

Of course, I know, its not a competition. Barcelona has a lot to offer, and I was so glad I had the opportunity to visit.



The 3 and a half days trip was fun, laid back, and most definitely a relaxing getaway from all things school and engineering related - I skipped 2 days of lessons (well like 3 hours in total) for this trip.



Little post-trip story: 
I took Vueling Airlines in to Barcelona from Gatwick Airport in London, and since the flight was really early, plus it takes almost 2 hours (door to door) to get to Gatwick, Jerald and I decided to hobo it out overnight at the airport.
This meant that I had NO SLEEP - maybe 1-2 hours comprising of 10min sleep intervals - for the first day. But we still had fun and walked a lot, and then crashed at night at about 10pm. First ever experience staying out at an airport, and I must say, it was thanks to that huge cup of Costa Coffee.

In my next few posts, you'll get to see more pictures of the iconic places I visited, and my thoughts about them :)

4 comments

  1. Even though I live in London and have traveled to Amsterdam, Paris and a handful of other places, Barcelona is still my favorite! I love how everyone experiences things differently—that's what keeps me coming back and reading other travel blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alexandra!
      I actually read a couple of your blog posts and saw your blog pictures before my trip to barcelona!!
      I wish I had more time and the opportunity to visit the Montserrat Mountain though, your pictures were amazing! Unfortunately, I had to get back to school.
      And I agree, every body has such different experiences and stories to share, I love reading them all! :)

      Delete
  2. 2 hours to get to Gatwick?? Did you take the Gatwick express? Haha can't wait for my own trip!! December come soooooon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I took the bus because it was late and its cheaper! Haha! The train journey takes about 30mins :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .