I've always had a thing for street art. Graffiti is just fascinating. Some people may think its vandalism/unsightly/destroys the facade of buildings. But i think to be able to produce something so macroscopic with just a spray can and a few colours, is art, is talent.
Unlike the streets of Paris, its not common to find graffiti on walls of buildings and street artist painting on floors in London.
While we were walking around Central London, Daryl said "I know of a place nearby called the Graffiti Tunnel." Imagine my excitement when I heard it. And of course, we made our way to the tunnel.
Outside the tunnel there were hipster kids having a photoshoot, whilst punk rock teenagers attempt to shoot a music video with the graffiti as their background.
We even got the privilege of observing someone spray paint, and another guy being more impressive with the use of markers!
They dont have prelimenary sketches, or outlines, they just start painting and drawing. Its incredible how these street artists have such a macroscopic perspective. Respectful indeed.
Photos taken on my iphone 4S of Graffiti Tunnel, London.




Post a Comment