An Evening in London - Tower Hill and Lobsters

10 November 2014 London, UK

I think the Tower Hill is probably one of the most touristy place in London. The Tower Hill tube station exit is always teeming with people, and visitors scurry to the Tower of London to see the field of poppies, following that, they typically head for the tower of London and attempt a #selfie.


Poppies that hold such significance in the hearts of not just the british but many around the world. 

A constant reminder to us to be thankful for having the luxury of living in peace. 
It should also remind us that there are other people in other parts of the world that don't have that luxury, and are facing torment and hell everyday. For that, we ought to be kind, we ought to count our blessings, and we should help as much as we can, in whatever way we can, because every little effort counts.


In the previous post, I mentioned about my friends visiting in London. 
Knowing that Fungyee loves flowers, I suggested that we should visit Tower Hill whilst she was here. We had a nice walk along the River Thames as well, and whilst wandering around tower hill, we found a nice secluded spot for photos with the Tower Bridge.




The sun is starting to set really early in London, and the rain keeps coming. From my pictures, London looks kind of grey and sad doesn't it?

Nevertheless, I still think it's beautiful. There is something special and attractive, about the melancholy it exudes at dusk, with it's overcast skies and light drizzles of rain.



It is nice to be able to see London right before it gets dark. Definitely a good way to unwind after a day in school.

Talking about school, having to spend more time in school on exchange than what I usually do at home, does have a way of driving you insane! I'm so going to take advantage of every chance I get to leave South Kensington to explore London/rest of England/Europe, and do things that typical exchange students to when their grades don't affect their GPA ;)

After a nice evening walk, we headed to Burgers and Lobsters, near Green Park, for dinner. Honestly, I think the food is overhyped. Its nice - fresh, juicy lobster that comes right out of its shell, but it is not a "must visit".

That being said, the service was FANTASTIC. Fungyee and I got a lobster to share,  because we're small eaters (and we wanted dessert). Instead of serving one portion on a platter, the waiters got the cook to separate it into two portions for us, serving one with salad and and another with fries. And of course they were nice enough to check back to see if the food was to our liking, despite us ordering a lot lesser than an average customer.

Nice to know they do care about their patrons and that the restaurant places an importance on good service.

If you happen to be in the area, and are craving burgers or lobster, go ahead and pop in. 
I must say, eating out (and shopping!!) is not something I do often in London, since I rather much save the money to fund my traveling escapades, but the full portion in Burgers and Lobsters is huge it is worth the price.


2 comments

  1. This is the second time I'm hearing about burgers & lobsters! We should all go out and eat tgt once in a while, since the only time we get to meet is in horiZZZons xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THE LOBSTERS TOO!! T.T

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .