Is it a shirt or is it a skirt?
I've seen this trend around several times, on College Fashion, Youtube videos, and most recently on Park and Cube and i've tried it once with an old shirt, but, I remember having it bunch up in all sort of various places. It was just not cool.
Fast forward a year or two later, i'm on my computer reading Park and Cube (every post diligently like a fangirl), and I decided to give it another shot. Typically, a boyfriend shirt is used for this, because a shirt with a loser fit wouldn't bunch up at awkward areas. Unfortunately, my boyfriend's wardrobe is a 13 hour flight away, and since I don't have a lose button up top with me, I figured i'll try it out using one of my own shirts.
Having a tighter shirt with a tighter fit means that you have a more fitting "skirt", in my case it turned out to be a seemingly A-line style, which works well for my body type. The trick I did to prevent everything from bunching up is by tucking it under the sleeves. The sleeves act as a belt when tied together keeping everything nice and flat.
Of course adding a lose coat over everything is a great cheat to cover everything up, especially since this I wore a chiffon top and any small bumps or unevenness would show through distinctly.
And here's how I style this top in a more conventional way!
I went almost monochromatic for both these looks by mixing different shades of neutrals. I know I usually have some form of colour in my outfit - not that there aren't any in these - but its nice to water it down once in a while.
I love my vertical striped shirt. I think its my new favourite wardrobe item. Thrown over denim jeans + converse for a casual day, or layered over sleeveless dresses for more creative looks, it is yet another versatile piece.
I like that it is a button down as well. When paired with a blazer or even a pencil skirt, it gives a preppy vibe or a more business formal look.
Can't wait to experiment with other styles and ways to wear this striped button down, do you have a any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions!
WHAT I WORE
Vertical Striped Top - H&M
SHOP SIMILAR ITEMS:
(Affiliate Links)
Link up with: Styletoinspire and Living in Color Style.







Post a Comment