10 Reasons Why Venice Is Beautiful Day AND Night!

19 March 2015 Venice, Italy

10 reasons why venice is picture perfect day and night

Venice, ah Venice. The small (sadly sinking?) city that has been on my bucket list since FOREVER. With it's canals, gondolas, singing gondoliers, everything about this city has been romanticised ever since I knew of it's existence.

Venice is one of those cities where pictures alone will put it on your wanderlust list. No explanations needed, ever. Be it day or night, Venice is romantic and extremely charming. From its narrow streets to wide canals and beautiful sunsets, here are 10 reasons (plus loads of pictures) why I think Venice is beautiful day to night.



1. Incredible Architecture Line up Along Wide Canals
I love how the houses of the people in venice open up right to the canals. It's like having a perfect view EVERY SINGLE DAY. The architecture and buildings along the canal is so unlike any other city, it's amazing!

Venice Architecture and Canals
Venice Canal and architecture

2. Picture-Perfect Views of Gondolas
I do not have to elaborate. Going to Venice to see the Gondolas, and taking picture of them in the canals - cliché to the point its ICONIC. It is as picture-perfect in real life.

Gondolas in Venice canalsOutfit and gondolas along venice viewVenice view riding gondolasSunset gondolas on the venice canal

3. Great Panoramic Scenery
Not the best compared to a lot of other cities with amazing skylines, but its breath taking in its own right. I love the vastness of the waters and the view of the 2 smaller venetian islands from above!

Venice PanoramaPanorama view of venice canalVenice city panoramic viewsSunset and vencie city panoramic viewSun shining in vencie city aerial view

4. Even Better Views Whilst Riding on the Canal Boats
People cannot decided if riding Gondolas are a scam, or money worth spending. I didn't go for a Gondola ride, but I wanted the same view of the city from the canals. So I took their public water transport, and the view from the boats in the canal is indeed stunning! You will never get such a view from land.

View from the venice canal boatsVenice water boat rideVenice water boat docsRiding the water boat transport in venice

5. Colourful Buildings EVERYWHERE!
Literally, just colour upon colour, bright and vibrant. It just makes everyone happy!!

Colorful architecture in VeniceVenice colorful architecture

6. Getting Lost = Finding Narrow/Random Quiet Streets = Perfect for OOTD ;)
Even if you're don't bother about outfits, getting lost in the streets and walking aimlessly is probably the best way to experience Venice. You get interesting architecture background for photos, without the hoards of photobombing tourist. Perfect for any kind of shots!

Narrow streets in VeniceOutfit and architecture background venice
outfit in a quiet street venice

What I Wore
Boots - Timberlands / Furry Leggings - Uniqlo / Coat - Coldwear / Bicycle Sweaater - Jerald's

7. Cafés With Great Food and Design
I LOVE Italian Food. And Venice has some really good options ;) Plus seating by the canal and having a meal is a definite bucket-list moment!

Colorful cafes in venice
Colorful buildings and cafes venice
8. Attractions With Detailed Interior Design AND Exterior Facades
The Bridge of Sighs, and ALL the attractions around the St. Marks Square have such stunning white washed facades! Plus the Saint Mark's Basilica is so grand looking from the outside (Although there are flocks and flocks of pigeons in the area which I really dislike!).

Bridge of sighs in venice originalInterior design of venice palaceVenice attractions in san marcostaircase in venice san marco
san marco square venice

9. Vibrant Sunsets
A city after my own heart is any one with gorgeous sunsets. I hope to live in a place one day where I can get the most colourful sunset views EVERYDAY. Watching the sun go down and how the colours of the sky changes, just instantly warms my heart and reminds me of the wonders of God.

Venice orange sunsetVenetian beautiful sunsetsgorgeous venice sunsetDusk and night lights in VenicePurple skies and sunsets in venice

10. Colourful Lights and Reflections At Night
Lovely street lamps hanging along the canals, lighting up the city in a shade of warm yellow orange. Venice has a completely different view at night than in the day, and it's just as breathtaking!

Night lights in veniceVenice Night Scene colorsWater reflections and night scenery in Venice

There you have it! I spent 2 short days in Venice and wished I could have stayed longer. It is a small city, and is just like what everyone says it's like. The stereotypes and clichés are quite true, but not in an off-putting way. Venice makes you admire the city for its character, it's laid-back vibes, nice architecture, singing gondoliers and beautiful canals.

So, is Venice on your bucket list? Let me know your thoughts below!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .