Outfit Diary: Galaxy Dress + Craving Updates

13 April 2015 London, UK

Outfit with black and white galaxy printed Dress

Remember the time when the galaxy print was in? I never really hopped on to the band wagon and got anything galaxy printed. I don't own any blue/purple galaxy leggings, or sweaters. It was always something I loved seeing ON people, but never thought i'd be able to pull it off. It was a trend I hesitated to be part of, because it was just too much for me. I mean I love a little bit of colour in my outfits, but this is bordering "too much". Still, I have so much admiration for people who can pull it off!! They still look so chic in that funky colour skirts and leggings!


So a couple of years back, I was in Bangkok with a friend, and found a boutique stall in chatuchak market selling amazing clothes! They had the galaxy dress in Blue and Black. It was just 2 colours, blue and white or black and white. I bought the blue and white one whilst my good friend got the black and white (she keeps her outfits pretty neutral - with the exception of floral prints). But since she never wore it out, and felt it was too out of her comfort zone, we traded, I gave her a denim dress and she gave that to me.
Wait... I guess I do own galaxy clothing items after all - 2 in fact! Point is, I never wore them.

Mixing prints, Galaxy printed dress and houndstooth printed jacket outfit


One day, I decided to just bite the bullet, style the black & white dress I brought to London. Yes I dressed up, to run errands, AND, I found a nice road on the way back after buying my chicken wings, so I took some photos! I took a different route back because I missed the turning to my usual route - but it worked out well!

Experimenting with the print on print trend here, I like the print on this jacket, but its such a statement piece that I find it hard to match non-casual outfits, but since everything I'm wearing is pretty much black and white, the 2 prints sort of mesh well together here. Right?

OOTD Galaxy Dress monochrome outfit
Monochrome outfit with black and white dress

Speaking of chicken wings, I've been having insane McWings cravings ever since I stepped into london, nothing seems to be satisfying it. I don't understand why they don't have it in Mcdonalds here. Its a craving that neither KFC nor Nandos can satisfy - I've tried both.
I think McWings is probably only served in south east asia or something, but for those who have never tried, just imagine a spicy Nandos chicken wing and a KFC fried chicken having a baby. That's what it tastes like!
Most of my other food cravings can be satisfied here - So far I've had Dim Sum, Ramen, Roast Duck and loads of Japanese food. Of course we can't consider the Singaporean Local delicacies I miss - that'd be unfair to London. I really do enjoy the food in London especially when I get to splurge and eat out, but I REALLY DO MISS MY MCDONALDS MCWINGS!! I use to eat them at least once a week; I know its VERY unhealthy, but you know, I can't help myself.

food collage, dim sum, chinese food, japanese food in london

Why am I getting so worked up over food... ANYWAY, I've just completed a whole 2 weeks of touring around Scandinavia and Switzerland, and I'm back in London preparing for my finals this year. This was just a short filler and quick update before my posts from spring break come in - and of course to declare I that I FINALLY wore my Galaxy dress out!

By the way, If you do have any tips on how to live with/get rid of/alleviate cravings, please let me know, if not the first thing i'll do when I return to Singapore in the summer is going to be eating 3 boxes of McWings and I doubt thats good for my body or heart!

WHAT I WORE
Galaxy Dress: Boutique Stall in Thailand
Houndstooth/checkered Jacket: My sister's (similar here, here, and here)
Shoes: Charles and Keith (similar here) 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .