
The Colosseum in Rome, Italy. Does this place even need an introduction? I think I could just slap on a few pictures in this post, and the pictures can speak for themselves. The famous arena that was once home the gladiatorial games, is - and I can assure you - as grand, and impressive as it is on pictures.



Visiting the Colosseum is not something you pass up when you're in Rome. Even if it takes you 2hours to queue to get in. I don't think we queued for that long because we were there at 10 in the morning. But, if you can, and are planning to visit Rome, just get your tickets online in advance.
When you say the word "Colosseum" an image of its aerial view comes into mind. The huge spiral structure ending off with a slanted crack like angle on one side. Everyone has that same image in mind. So did I.




Being at the actual Colosseum, I was really taken aback by its sheer size. Not to mention, I'm minute as a human, so the whole thing was just unfathomable. I felt like an ant in a human's house! But my favourite part of the whole experience, was walking through the colosseum and peeking through the different "windows" to see the different parts of the nearby ruins from the colosseum.
It is nice to see the colosseum from the inside and get a different view of its architecture.






Honestly if you wanted to see every part of the colosseum including the lowest floor, it would take a really long time. It perimeter already takes quite a bit of time to get around! It is indeed a stunning piece of structure.

Walking around the colosseum got me wondering, how did people manage to watch the games from so high up on the third level? I mean, we could see people, but they were tiny! Drawing comparisons to watching musicals, I don't enjoy watching musicals from the circle seats or higher up in the viewing gallery. I cannot imagine squinting to watch the games in such a MASSIVE arena. I wouldn't even be able to make out anything that is going on, then again, I guess since they didn't have live telecast back in the day, this was the best they've got. How times have changed!
Sometimes I wish they have a simulation of how a gladiatorial games would be like back in the day, I'm always so intrigued and fascinated by how things were done in the past, even if I wouldn't be able to see anything, i'd pay to go! Ah, I get it, now I know why people went.
Post a Comment