MASH UP: Blue Pants

6 April 2015 London, UK

styling 1 blue pants 3 ways

Coloured pants, pastel pants, apparently they are both on trend! - Well did not expect that to rhyme! Hahaha!
I've had this pair of Blue Pants for a while now, but I rarely wear it because of the colour. Its not like your common blue denim as its  a little more vibrant in terms of its shade.Well that was why I bought it to begin with. I got it from a random online store when coloured jeans were in, and before summer comes / before I return to Singapore and I hack this pair of pants up into shorts, I decided to make full use of it for what it is.

I first shared an outfit with this pair of pants here and it was one colourful one with contrasting colours of reds and blues, so in this post, I styled the pants with 2 other more neutral colour palettes.

blue and red outfitCasual outfit with blue pants and green sweater dresscausual outfit green sweater dress and blue pantsGreen sweater dress and blue pants outfit of the day

I've been seeing a lot of sweater dress over pants combo lately, in fact they've actually been around for a while, but i've never tried it because I always thought it would make me look short and frumpy. But I decided to just give it a go, and paired my dark green sweater dress with this blue pants. It turned out to be more of a sweater than a sweater dress because it was not one of those extremely baggy dresses, so I guess i'd have to try that dress-pants silhouette again another time.

Fashion styling with coloured pants outfit 2Blue coloured pants, white asos shoe, outfit of the daystyling coloured pants jeans outfit 2

If you're not a fan of colour, and cannot do more than 1 colour in an outfit, pairing everything with grey and black always works :) Keep the rest of the outfit to just white/grey/black, and do away with the patterned scarf if you think its too much. Of course a black coat always tones everything down, so thats one easy trick. I happen to enjoy having more colours and patterns in my outfit, but you know, that's just me!

Outfit with blue pants fendi scarf and grey top

That being said, I've been feeling the whole scandinavian simple minimalistic vibes lately, maybe its because as of now - IM IN SCANDINAVIA!! So much excitement! Probably going to be adopting more of that scandinavian minimalistic flair in my outfits for the future (Probably not all monochrome - I don't know. I mean, I do like wearing colour after all...)

Anyway, trying to style 1 clothing item in a few outfits is starting to get interesting and fun, even though sometimes I forget and gravitate back to matching it with the same things, but well, this is how I entertain myself, and force myself out of my room daily - because staying in bed the whole day whilst listening to Audible is really tempting! Besides, it's my way of showing you don't need to constantly buy new clothes to have different outfits - even though Primark and the coming mid season sale is very tempting, buying 2 or 3 key items is better than buying a chunk load, after all money can be spent elsewhere... like y'know, buying a ticket to Scandinavia ;)

WHAT I WORE
Blue Jean Pants - Random Online Store

Outfit 1: Navy Top - Thailand / Cardigan - Tobi.com / Sunglasses - Accessorize / Shoes - Primark
Outfit 2: Green Sweater Dress - H&M / Bag - Streets of Paris / Necklace - Accesorize / Shoes - Ecco
Outfit 3: Grey Top - Primark/ Scarf - Fendi / Coat - / Shoes - ASOS / Jewellery - Primark

Follow me on Instagram for more regular OOTDs and if you want to come along with me on my Travel adventures!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .