City lights | Explore Singapore

30 November 2015 10 Bayfront Ave, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore 018956

Marina bay sands at night

It's exam season right now, and although I have only three papers (I usually have about 6 a semester), it still sucks not being able to enjoy the whole Christmas Spirit. And to be honest, one exam or 10, exams just suck in general.
This year, instead of studying in school, or at home, I choose to study in the city. I remember going to the Esplanade Library a lot back when I was studying for my A levels. Something about going to a library right in the city centre where all the businesses/working adults are makes me more motivated. Oh and also because the library is at an extremely cold temperature which I love!

image of outfit in front of marina bay sands in singapore
Esplanade roof top ootd in singapore
Dress - Cotton On | Boots - Clarks | Clutch - Bangkok | Necklace - Forever 21

Image of the marina bay sands, helix bridge and promenade in singapore



The best part about studying central business district, is the view after a long day's work. I love going to the rooftop during breaks, or in the evening when I'm sick and tired of studying and watch the sunset. Look out and admire the architecture of the city. Something about that makes me extremely calm. I could do that everyday and not get sick and tired of it.

Sunset over CBD in Singapore
singapore sunseting over the cbd from esplanade image

I remember studying till the library closed whilst I was preparing for A levels. 9 or 10 in the night perhaps. And then going to the rooftop, or walking along the promenade as a form of stress relief. Seeing the city lights at night, watching boats carry tourists along the river.

Sometimes we get so caught up with life, the whole rat race, and chasing the "dream" - better grades, more money, job promotion, we forget what it means to appreciate the little things in life. We constantly search for more, strive for a new goal, and forget to stop to appreciate the fruits of our labour because we no longer know how to.
Ending off the day with simple things like walking along the river, be it alone or with someone else gives you such inner peace when you stare at the lights of the big buildings and know, dreams money and wealth are attainable, but so is joy and peace. And these things are NOT mutually exclusive.

Night photography in central business district in singapore
MBS image at night
CBD Area at night - night photography

This is why despite all the public libraries that are 5 minutes away from where I live, i'd choose to travel double the distance to where the city lights are.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .