5 FAVOURITE Parts Of Traveling

5 December 2015



I just completed my examinations 2 days ago, and now I'm all packed ready to fly to JAPAN!!
The excitement levels are high. VERY HIGH. I have always wanted to go to Japan, I can't actually believe I'm going. It's pretty insane.

I'm. Going. To. Japan. Oh my gosh. YOU CAN PROBABLY GUESS, IM A BUNDLE OF JOY EXCITEMENT, AND EVERYTHING POSITIVE RIGHT NOW! So I decided to write this post on 5 of my favourite things regarding traveling to new places!

1 | GETTING ON THE PLANE
I'm not too sure if I've ever mentioned this in my blog, but I hate airports. Apart from Changi Airport (sorry, not sorry? Oops!) I absolutely dislike them. BUT, When I finally get ON the plane, oh the feeling is incredible!
I don't even mind squeezing through the narrow lanes with my hand luggage, or having to hoist them up into the over head compartments, i'd gladly help my friends with their luggage. There is something about getting on the plane and into my seat that really excites me, it's like "We're going soon!"

2 | TAKING OFF
I think a lot of people have the fear of flying, but thankfully I don't have such anxiety, or any negative experiences of that nature. Which is why I ADORE taking planes and the moment the plane lifts off the ground. I feel something in my heart lift along with it. I love every part of taking off. The drive along the runway, the lift, the swirly tilting motions of the plane before it reaches it's desired cruising altitude. The feeling I get when flying, is something I can't get over.

flying above fluffy clouds, aeroplane in the sky
view of florence from michaelangelo square

3 | GETTING MY PASSPORT STAMPED
*DUM* The sound of the passport getting stamped, and me walking past the customs, literally makes me feel like a queen.
QUEEN I TELL YA. And I walk differently with a strut. Like "Oh yeah, Im cleared. Seeya losers (still in the line)."
Ok, Im kidding. I'm not that dramatic, but you know, it's one of the best feelings to be DONE WITH CUSTOMS! Its like, (DESTINATION) Here I COME! Finally!!

4 |  FIRST STEP OUT IN THE TOWN
I'm never one to start unpacking immediately when I reach the hostel/hotel/apartment. I rather much just unpack at night before bed time/before I shower. I dump my bags in the place I'm staying grab my camera and just head RIGHT OUT. Because the breath of air, the first road I walk down, the feeling after I step out into the city/town/wherever I am, is seriously one of the most exciting things EVER. So much awaits!

View of bergen from the top of floyen

5 | THE 2ND DAY
Usually I never accomplish much on the first day I'm in a destination country. I usually touch down mid day, and end up exploring places nearby instead of a full day itinerary. This is why the 2nd day is always the best day of the trip (in my opinion). The first FULL day. The day where we wake up bright and early, to explore and see as much as we can, to learn about the new place. You feel like you can conquer it all!! & By it I mean ALL the different places and sights to visit.
There is nothing quite comparable to the second day.

photo of climbing rocks and exploring cornwall

The words exciting/excitement probably appeared one too many times in this post. But really, these are 5 points in a journey that I look forward to the most whenever I'm traveling or visiting a new place.
Im dancing/squirming in my seat just thinking about having these experiences and feeling the same feelings of wonder in just several hours time!!

What are some of your favour parts of a travel journey? Share them below!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .