Living in the Sky | Explore Singapore

12 November 2015 Bishan Street 15, Sky Habitat Block 9, Singapore

Sky habitat condo in singapore

It must be cool living in the sky. Something that we people can only dream of but can never really get the chance to do it, right? I mean, we're not birds...
I live on the 19th floor of a building, and I guess that gets pretty close to living in the sky. But, when I stare out of my room, I see other high rise buildings, I get a good view of the sunset, but I see buildings. All around. Because that is what Singapore is like. A city filled with tall buildings.
Recently a new condo was built in a neighbourhood near mine with a large green field in front of it. From the ground, it does seem like one would be living in the sky, and when they look out, all they'd see is clouds around them, perhaps with the roofs of every other building in the vicinity.

Architecture of the sky habitat in singapore
art paintings on the facade of flats in singapore
Sky habitat in bishan singapore

There is something about unique architecture in the middle of a plain field of green grass that attracts all the attention it can get.
2 workers who were probably working on a construction site nearby came up to Jerald and I while we were taking pictures and asked, "Is this building a special building? Why do I see so many people walking by and taking pictures of it? I've probably seen about 200 people doing it since morning (we were there in the afternoon)." 
To them, it is probably just another high rise building, not anything exceptionally different from those they've worked on. But we explained that its supposed to be some unique architectural housing. A term i'd use for a lot of the newer buildings or condominiums to be built in Singapore.

sky habitat architecture exploring singapore urban landscape
explore singapore and its urban landscape

One day Singapore would be known as a concrete jungle. The New York of South East Asia, and oh I hope it is a place where dreams are made of.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .