
What are we going to do today? That was the first thing I asked Jerald on our Japan Trip pretty much EVERYDAY. (Because I didn't plan it and was not exactly up to date with changing itineraries oops!)
J: We're going to a spectacle bridge, and then lunch (... etc.)I had to made sure I heard it right. What in the world is a spectacle bridge?! I thought to myself. And then I remembered looking at the train map and seeing that THE Spectacle Bridge was an attraction pointed out on the map of Nagasaki.
Me: SPECTACLE BRIDGE?!




What I WoreCoat - ZARA | Cardigan - Primark | Dress - Thailand | Leggings - Uniqlo | Boots - Timberland

When we finally got to the bridge, I understood. From a certain angle, the water reflections made it look like a pair of spectacles. The water reflected the 2 arcs of the bridge making it look like 2 perfect round circles.
Also, the rocks in front of the bridge made just the perfect awkward crooked "smile" complimenting the whole "face".
I love the area around the spectacle bridge. Not to mention that it was a beautiful morning when I was there.


In fact, there were several bridges along the whole river, all rather picture-esque i'd say, but it was obvious where the spectacle bridge was. Everyone was facing in that direction taking pictures of and with the bridge.
Thankfully, it wasn't as crowded as most touristy spots and because the Japanese are extremely courteous - see 5 facts about Japan - everyone had their turn to snap a shot.


The spectacle bridge seems like such a major spot not just to tourists but locals too. There was even a heart shaped rocked where school kids/teenagers went to put pennies in the cracks and made wishes. I wanted to take a picture of them doing that, but as soon as I whipped my camera out, they thought I wanted a picture OF THE ROCK and all proceeded to make way for my shot. Ah Japan. Who wouldn't love Japan!!

I know this isn't remotely christmasy/in the christmas mood/vibe - don't get me wrong, I ADORE CHRISTMAS, I just don't really know what to write about it, and one can never trust me when it comes to gift ideas (I run out of them so quickly, I just can't.)
At least Christmas is pretty spectacular? Pun intended. Anyway, if you're reading this on christmas eve/day here's wishing you a SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS!
Post a Comment