
The best thing about recording your experiences, be it blogging, through video diaries or journaling, is the ability to look back on them, and relive your thoughts of that time (reason why I read my old diaries again and again).
So, a year ago, I wrote a blog post titled Best of 2014 where I did my annual reflections for the year. I'm always one to think back on my year, and think about the highlights and important lessons, have been and probably always will be.
Even though events of 2015 seem to be eluding me quite a fair bit, I am here doing my annual reflections once again (it's become quite the ritual I can't shake).

So, in last year's post, I wrote:
Question 49: How do you want to remember the year 2015 when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?Answer: The year I stopped worrying about what should be, and started doing what made me happy :)Things Done Right
Extra Traveling
After my year abroad ended, instead of going home early, I went to Greece, Croatia, and Slovenia, and then to Hanoi before the next semester of school officially began. Even though it seems a little crazy, and I was so (happy) tired from traveling, these memories from the trips are ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. I can't adequately convey my love for traveling, but for real, traveling gives me SO SO SO MUCH joy & appreciation in life.
New Projects
I must say, I kind of did succeed in this. Sort of. I did do things that make me happy. I started making YouTube videos, and that has been really exciting, even though I don't talk much about it (for many reasons). It was suppose to be a channel with my sister, but she bailed because of school commitments, still, I'm so glad I continued with the channel!


Blogging
2015 was when I really got into blogging, and met so many others in the community. Not a lot of people get the blogging community, especially from where I live, and also because I got introduced to the community in UK which is vastly different from the way it is in Singapore (some one please let me live in London again!)
Starting a blog, and talking to international bloggers online, reading blogs, basically just being a tiny speck in the community is probably one of the best things that has happened in 2015. Also, it means I get to write and express myself which I don't get much of a chance in school - ugh, engineering.
A Proper Goodbye
I said goodbye to something I really loved. That is dancing with a team that means so much to me. Doing one final performance (pushing myself through that 2 rather stressful months) and having met wonderful juniors through it, is the perfect goodbye to something I love, and letting go of it is hard. It's a tough decision but at least I did it right.

Things Not So Right
Singing Up For A Role Even Though I Did Not Want To
Unfortunately, in the middle of 2015, I signed up for something because I thought "It was the expected thing to do" and that "I had to", deep down I knew I didn't want it, but was afraid of what "Judgements" or "What my friends/people might think if I didn't do it" and now I'm stuck with responsibilities and tasks/work that I don't enjoy. Which is one of the reasons why I had to say goodbye to dancing. I guess old habits die hard.
On the brighter side, at least its just ONE of such decisions I made. And what's a year without mistakes right? Sadly this mistake snowballs into 2016, but here's hoping it's a blessing in disguise. After all, mistakes could be more opportunities for more things to be done right!

So...Here's to a more fruitful year in 2016 and hopefully I continue to do things that make me happy, learn to find joy in mistakes and circumstances that are challenging, and just live life to the fullest. Perhaps even inspire a couple of people along the way to choose life, and to choose joy.
What are you grateful for in 2015?

Post a Comment