Outfit Diary: Museum Musings | Explore Singapore

21 January 2016 Singapore



When I was traveling in Europe, I use to walk into museums ALL THE TIME, especially if I was traveling alone. I don't know why but the thought of walking around a museum on my own,  just seems very romantic to me. It was to the point, I stopped going to museums with OTHER people.
To be honest, I could never spend hours upon hours reading about different things (to be honest, who could, there is NO WAY you could walk through the Natural History Museum in a whole day and read about everything, am I right?)
But Art Museums hold a special place in my heart. I'd spend hours in an art museum. History museums, not so much. But being surrounded by art is something different. It means I could just sit and stare and not read and STILL be inspired. Which is why I went into the V&A Museum 4 or 5 times I was in London.

National Gallery Singapore museum art
Art of National Gallery Singapore museum
art in the National Gallery Singapore museum

I never used to like museums all that much. Maybe it was because they weren't free, or that growing up in Singapore meant having to deal with school, extra curricular activities, and a whole lot of resume building crap, that I just never thought about musuems, or maybe I thought they were boring and never gave them a chance. Anyway, when one of my aunties suggested visiting the new National Gallery with the whole family, I immediately agreed!

art gallery National Gallery Singapore museum
National Gallery Singapore museum art piece
redefining art in the National Gallery Singapore museum
supreme court dome National Gallery Singapore museum
National Gallery Singapore museum architecture interior
Supreme court dome of National Gallery Singapore museum

The National Gallery Singapore was a wonderful mix of art, architecture, history, beautiful interiors, and gorgeous marble tiled floors.
What an interesting way to spend time with the family! Plus it was free for all Singaporeans. ALL THE BETTER (it doesn't cost that much for tourists too if I'm not wrong)!

& Here's a video diary of my day spent at the gallery!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .