Boulevard's Passages

15 July 2014 Passage Jouffroy, 75009 Paris, France

It has been pretty rainy in Paris in the past 2 weeks, surprising considering its summer now, but fingers crossed that this week the weather will be good and sunny :)
Then again, the weather here is so much better than SG, even if its rainy. Its much cooler, less humid, and that means I can play dress up in different styles and wear more clothes when I go out, literally. 

But its always good to hide somewhere when the rain gets too heavy and I don't feel like wrestling the wind to stabilise my flapping umbrella haha!
Last saturday, I chose to roam around Grand Boulevards and dart into the Passages when the rain got too heavy. I walked through from Passage Verdeau, Passage Jouffroy to Passage des Panoramas. 

The Passages are sheltered shopping walkways with sort of like a greenhouse style roof. Unique design, though very inconspicuous. I walked right past it without realising. Once you turn into the passage, its feels like you've teleported into a different place, its pretty cool. The shops here sell very special, interesting, vintage-like items.

But honestly, don't expect to do any shopping here. Though the shops are unique and quirky, things are expensive. I saw a REALLY cute lilac messenger bag meant for kids - Yes we know I love anything purple - the material was really soft and I was so tempted to buy it. Then, I looked at the price tag, and it was a whopping 67€! Such an expensive bag for a child isn't it.
















Really love how each shop is individually themed and decorated. Super retro/hippie shop decors. The Cafés in the area were also interestingly decorated, unlike what you see on the main streets of Paris. Its quite an attractive place. Very #ootd esque hahaha.

I can imagine people having fashion shoots here, especially since its not that crowded anyway, means you would not have to crop out random people from the shots.








Love the way the shop windows are decorated. Real effort put in by the shop keepers!


Special mention for the world cup. WC fever really strong here in France.

After the rain stopped, I wanted to hit up the big shopping malls. I was in the streets near Galeries Lafeyette and the crowd was too much for me to handle. I stepped into H&M and step right out after 3 minutes. Did not even bother going into the shopping mall. Felt so claustrophobic just being among the crowd of people OUTSIDE the shopping mall and being hit by huge shopping bags. Reasons why I hate crowded places - Most definitely don't hate shopping, but my love for shopping is not that strong to overcome my hatred for crowds. 

So instead I walked over to the Palais Garnier and viola. The architecture was STUNNING. My wish is to watch a ballet/theatre item here before I leave paris. 2 more months to make it happen.









There was a huge crowd gathered in front of the Palais Garnier as this man was just singing random Oldies, asking people (tourist) where they came from, and asking them to sing along. He wanted somebody to guess his nationality/country of origin. There were guesses like Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc,  but it seemed like nobody got it right. I recon he's Irish. HAHA. He has a slight british accent though. But going up to guess his nationality is not the kind of situation I would have wanted to be in, so I just watched from the sidelines and ran crossing the different roads in the T-junction/roundabout thing attempting to get a decent shot of the Opera House with my crapy iPhone. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .