I'm more of a small goals + many goals kind of girl, so you probably can see why.
After entering university, it seemed a lot harder to keep track of my year because everything happens so quickly and each semester seemed like a whole new year itself.
As I was reading blogs on Bloglovin' I stumbled upon a blog post on Into-Mind, "your year in review: 50 questions to help you reflect, appreciate and get excited for 2015" and decided to see if I could answer those 50 questions. Turns out, they were so much harder than expected, and I still don't have answers for a few of them:
Number 32, 43 and 48 (Especially 48) still stump me. I've been thinking about them for a while.
So after spending about 40minutes thinking reflecting on my year, I decided to share my answers to a few questions that encompass my favourite moments, proudest achievements, and lessons learned (with the help of some of my favourite photos).
Do give look through these 50 questions, and I think you'll (hopefully) have a better idea of what you would like to accomplish in 2015! :)
Here are some of my answers, coupled with some of my favourite Instagram photos!
Question 1: What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
Answer: I would say the WHOLE of this year, but to narrow it down, it would be traveling in Europe, visiting different countries, meeting people from all over the world, learning about their cultures, and seeing snow for the first time!
Question 12: What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2014?
Answer: It is ok not to have everyone agreeing with your choices. Self-discovery and self-love brings true contentment.
Question 23: What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
Answer: Having Korean Barbecue or late night, post-dance session, steamboat parties with XInners. Always a joy to be around these people, and I'm eternally grateful to HOCC 2014 for giving me the opportunity to learn so much from them.
Question 38: What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
Answer: See the good in everything. If something happens to make you feel less about yourself, to quote Taylor Swift, Shake it off.
Question 40: What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
Answer: A stranger I met on my first day trip alone to Normandy. Not only was the trip a thought provoking one, I experienced what it was like to travel alone for the first time, I met adults and interacted with them, and that gave me a whole new perspective on life. A woman I met whilst on the trip encouraged me to follow my dreams. And since then, it has stuck with me. That was probably the first and only time somebody has told me to follow my dreams.
Question 45: What personal quality do you want to develop of strengthen?
Answer: Develop Positivity, Strengthen Resilience.
Question 49: How do you want to remember the year 2015 when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?
Answer: The year I stopped worrying about what should be, and started doing what made me happy :)
Note to self: Always remember that hardwork will eventually pay off, and do not be disheartened by slow progresses, for one day with perseverance, all of your deems will take flight.
Here's wishing everyone a blessed and wonderful 2015. May the good things be abundant and may we always have a grateful heart.
X, Carina.

Post a Comment