I never get the statement (whatever colour) is the new black. NEVER. I mean black is neutral, black is classic, there is no way pink or green or purple will EVER be black. Pft!
Ok, I will stop talking as if black is my all time favourite colour to dress in.
Honestly, I'm never really dressed in black... I mean, not all black at least. I do wear black, but I love having a little bit of colour in my outfit. No matter what.
Going all black is safe. Its like one of those brainless formulas when it comes to dressing up. But like I said before giving the outfit a little pop of colours using accessories prevents it all from being too... One Colour. Also this formula is extremely easy for people who have statement accessories or bold coloured scarfs but don't exactly want to be a full on paddle pop ice-cream.
I decided to give this All Black + Pop of Colour formula a go when I was traveling from London to Berlin on an early morning flight. It was suppose to be my comfortable-plane-ride-transit-to-walking-around-the-city-outfit.
I must say, getting ready that morning was to my surprise - so easy! Black shirt, black leggings, Dark-Grey (almost black) Coat, DONE. Playing with colours, yet keeping everything neutral, I chose my accessories to be in the same colour range with the maroons and browns. It isn't a crazy amount of colour, but it adds a little spice to a monotone outfit!
I wonder why I never used this more often! Especially since I have bags and shoes in all sorts of odd colours from green to bright blue. I don't have to shy away from coloured accessories now.
This formula works with almost anything really. If you have a bright yellow bag, or a bright pink blazer and don't know how to pair it, Go ALL BLACK + Pop of Colour. It literally takes 2 seconds to put the outfit together, and it looks as though you put some thought into balancing everything. Plus it makes your dark wintery outfits look a little livelier and vibrant! It works for any type of dressing, formal, casual, day-time, night-time, anytime (hence the term formula, ok fine, everyone get it, i'll stop saying that now).
If you do want to get out of your house FAST and need a fail proof outfit, use this formula and be out of the house in seconds!
Besides, almost everyone has a black top and black bottoms (or a regular black dress!) in their wardrobe right? And because black is CLASSIC, and always in, this a formula that will work EVERY SEASON in the year, regardless of your country's climate conditions.
Here's one day and one night outfit that took me 5minutes to put together (all images/items from ASOS).
P.S. Formula Works for guys as well!
Adding colour to your outfit doesn't take that much effort now does it?






Post a Comment