
Red was never a colour that I would go for when dressing up. Even on festive occasions like the Lunar New Year, I would rather choose to wear colours like Pink and Orange, never red. To me, red was always too, bright, too jarring for my eyes. Either that, or it was too vampy, sultry, and sexy, a look I never imagine pulling off in my life.




When I saw this Red Cardigan online, I thought it would be a great colour for fall. The shade of red is darker, so it doesn't appear as in-your-face, which to me makes it a lot more wearable.
Like any other bright colour, styling it with a monochromatic look is the safe way to go, and since I didn't want to choose the obvious black, I styled this cardigan over an all white outfit. White Denim also happens to be in for spring!
I know, it looks a little singapore-national-day-esque with the red and white flag colours, but well, I liked it!
I also wore this cardigan in a previous Outfit Diary, but played with the idea of matching colours, wearing a dark pink berry coloured top with it. With brighter colours like Reds, using the colour wheel would help in styling the outfit.



Instead of going with similar colours, complementary colours like blue and navy would also work well with this clothing item! Making use of a colour wheel is a foolproof way of incorporating some colour into your outfit, and deciding what goes with what in terms of colour!




Do you use the colour wheel rule when pairing colourful clothing items? Or are you more of a just-wing-it kinda person? Let me know in the comments below!
WHAT I WORE
Red x Blue Speckled Cardigan - Tobi
Outfit 1: Top - Shelanna / White Jeans - Morgan / Watch - Iambretta / Shoes - ASOS
Outfit 2: T-Shirt - Jerald's Old Shirt / Watch - Naked Glory / Shoes - Charles and Keith
Outfit 3: Navy Top - Thailand / Jeans - Random Online Store / Sunglasses - Accessorize / Shoes - Primark
Post a Comment