MASH UP: White Denim Jeans

18 May 2015



A little bird told me that white denim is in this spring summer.
I admit, I love looking through style.com to find out whats in, reading magazines, watching runway shows. But, I don't really enjoy the concept of trends. I hate the idea that something will be in for 3 months, and then phase out completely. WHY?! I mean designers typically do SS and FW clothes. So technically, trends should last at least 6 months. Right? But even then, 6 months is too short!

Oh gosh, why did I start off this post with a rant. I blame it only my incessant need to shop, and the lack of money in my bank account for that. Anyway, since white denim is in again (i'm pretty sure it was in like last year or a few years before, I mean, how could you go wrong with white denim?) Im going to do a round up of the looks I style this White Denim Jeans with.





I got this pair of pants from Morgan, a shop in Paris along Champs-Élysée, during a sale last summer. Shopping in the sale section = GREAT BARGAINS. I think it was more than half off :) I brought it to London with me, and have worn the death out of it. I bring it on my trips so often because white really goes with anything. As of now (after bringing it to Scandinavia, through the rain, fjords, and full days out and about), it is sadly, stained everywhere and in need of a serious bleaching.

For a simple white pants, you could always keep to the classic monochrome look and go with black on white, it always works, and its SUPER easy to put together. Minimalistic, and very scandinavian :) Pair it with a long gold necklace to add more of that understated-yet-put-together feel, or a nice statement necklace to give it more spunk.





I think white on white can look very... Labour day or PAP (People's Action Party - a political party in singapore). So when doing a white on white look its best to add a pop of colour somewhere. Shoes, Bag, coat, a nice addition of colour makes the look more interesting. Great way to take the focus away from it being so... pristine and clean. Funny thing. I went for a read cardigan, which makes it a very apt outfit for National Day since red and white are the colours on the Singapore flag. One point for patriotism!

Talking about colour, with white jeans as a base, you can really wear any top with it. Have a printed top that is too out there and you don't wear it enough? Pair it with white jeans, and you're good to go!




Now, I guess its time for me to branch out to other white denim - like my new white denim skirt, and to put this pair of pants in the wash multiple times till the dirty stains come off! Otherwise I might have to hack them into shorts, and that would really break my heart.

WHAT I WORE
White Denim Jeans: Morgan

Outfit 1: Coat - coldwear.sg / Black Tunic - H&M / Boots - Topshop / Necklace - Primark
Outfit 2: Cardigan - Tobi / Top - Shelanna / Watch - Iambretta / Necklace - Portugal / Shoes - ASOS
Outfit 3: Printed Shirt Dress - ASOS / Boots - Topshop / Necklace - Primark

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | by C. . Design by Fearne .