
Culottes have now becomed my favourite type of pants to wear.
Ask me 2 years ago, and i'd have thought - NO WAY. My 158cm/5'2 shortie of a body will never look good in culottes.
But, the trend seemed to be staying. After traveling to Scandinavia and seeing the way Scandinavians wear culottes so effortlessly and how chic they looked (mostly because they are tall and just gorgeous), and then watching all the youtube gurus and try-on hauls with culottes in them, I caved and bought my first pair for ASOS.


This dusty purple colour was also a colour I somehow gravitated to. I had this idea of trying to mash up both korean street style and the scandinavian minimal style in my head. Not sure if I ever did that, but when my swishy flowy culottes arrived, I was stoked. It looked so flattering on, and since it cut off slightly above my ankles, it doesn't make me look shorter than I already am, which is always a plus!

Even though I really enjoy wearing them, I only have 2 pairs (one other pair in nude) and have since refrain from buying too many partly because a small voice at the back of my head keeps reminding me that not all culottes look flattering and short people shouldn't wear culottes, and my lack of curves coupled with the baggy/flowy culottes is gonna make me look like one huge rectangle.
Sometimes I wish I can shut that voice up. But as of now, it's helping me keep my bank balance, so it shall stay.
Another surprising current fashion favourite of mine are shift dresses.
Again, ask me 2 years ago and i'd say "NO WAY JOSÉ!" I was always conscious about baggy clothes, and looking like a giant frump, or a pear. So, I stuck to skater dresses that scream "I HAVE A WAIST!" Skater dresses have always flattered my body type, they flatter most body types, plus the options are endless with skater cuts.
However, it has been quite some time since I last wore a skater dress/skirt. Now that cut just seems a little bit too young and makes me feel like a school girl.
Yes yes, i'm still in college (uni), but i'll be graduating soon, and I kind of want to look more professional.


After buying 2 shift dresses from Bangkok (see my haul here!) I was sold on the idea of shift dresses. Besides, there are just so many ways to style these shift dresses.
Be it as a dress, or top, casual or formal. The options are endless. Here are some of them!
I currently own 5 (maybe more?) shift dresses, and evidently, in this case, my voice at the back of my head isn't as loud as before.
I think as I grow older, the fashion items I enjoy change. In the last 2 years i've seen my style shift, probably because i'm hitting a stage where i'd be joining the work force full time soon, and I will soon no the able to check on the box for "STUDENT" as a profession.
Well, what are some of your surprising new fashion favs? Let me know in the comments! :)
Post a Comment